Sunday, May 19, 2013

Travel 2013: USA via Shanghai and Delhi to Mumbai

Leaving the U.S. - click for more photos
5.18
It's 1am and 4pm at the same time.  I'm about to land in Shanghai after a 13 hour flight backwards (or forward?) in time.  I've never been to Asia before.  I've been realizing lately that smiling/looking nice is something unique to U.S. superficial social interactions - when we make eye contact, we usually smile.  Or when we interact and then say thanks, we smile.  It seems weird to me when (especially women) don't smile back - after making eye contact.

We landed into Shanghai with so much air pollution.  You can smell the air metallic on the plain.  I watched a ping pong game in the airport to pass the 5 hour layover.

From Shanghai, I flew to New Delhi, met my sister at 3 am local time, and then caught another flight to Mumbai.  Now we're staying with my friend's parents in a northern suburb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.