Thursday, July 20, 2006

nola 7

It’s funny – I feel that everyone has this enormous potential that’s just waiting to be asked to come out. Like a match waiting to be struck, to create a fire out of nothing. I wonder why people wait to unleash that magic. I wonder why I do – why I hold myself back. Like a soundtrack, a book, bumbling around before the climax, just building up and waiting to come out.

What is this random shit? I am here in New Orleans – but why? Self-sufficient for the most part, working for food, living from one day to the next, from one job to the next, not really with any meaning. I sleep, read, and think a lot. I don’t drink enough water, I’m not very physically active. The things I’m usually interested in do not bring excitement to me. This is a lull.

You need to remember that what you see in people moves you. This excites you. This indefinite resource enchants your creative energies. People are the power. Find out how to unleash this potential.

I miss human contact. I miss being able to feel and be felt. I need change, excitement, movement. Don’t we all?

How do people around here live? Are they happy? Do happy people shoot other people, deal cocaine, ignore that the schools their children need for education are still not getting the attention they deserve? Are happy people more active in the community? Is there a correlation between activism and happiness? What are the correlations with activism?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.